Salmon Croquettes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cornflake crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup crumbs, relish, celery and onion. With wet hands, shape 1/4 cupfuls into cones. Dip into remaining milk, then into remaining crumbs. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 365°. Fry croquettes, a few at a time, for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine tartar sauce ingredients; cook over medium-low heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Serve warm with croquettes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Salmon Croquettes
Sort By :
Can these be baked instead of fried? At what temperature and for how long.