Salmon Couscous Supper
With its delicate texture and superior flavor, leftover salmon should never go to waste! Jenny Brown of Bloomington, Indiana uses extra portions of couscous and salmon to create this appetizing dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fully cooked salmon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place broccoli and carrot in a steamer basket; place in a small
- saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for
- 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and
- garlic for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; saute 2 minutes
- longer. Stir in the salmon, couscous and soy sauce; heat through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 345 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,010 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and