- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fully cooked salmon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place broccoli and carrot in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the salmon, couscous and soy sauce; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Couscous Supper
"I think the premise of this meal is great, but the amount of ingredients is off. The dish needed more couscous, way less soy sauce, and a bit more vegetable. There was so much soy sauce that I had to keep adding couscous to even it out, and even after that it was still overpowering. Definitely cut back on that. If I can figure out a good amount for each ingredient, this would be decent meal, especially for using up leftover salmon or couscous. Once the ratio is fixed, this would probably be a 4-star meal. As-is, it's 3 stars for me."