With its delicate texture and superior flavor, leftover salmon should never go to waste! Jenny Brown of Bloomington, Indiana uses extra portions of couscous and salmon to create this appetizing dish.
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fully cooked salmon, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place broccoli and carrot in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the salmon, couscous and soy sauce; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Couscous Supper in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Couscous Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review