- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 small red potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 salmon fillet (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, garlic, basil and thyme in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the milk, broth, corn, carrot and potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the salmon, zucchini, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Chowder in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p3/09
Reviews for Salmon Chowder for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review