Pickle relish livens up canned salmon in this deliciously different sandwich filling from Mrs. Dale Cocklin of Kasilof, Alaska. The fast-to-fix spread is good on crackers, too.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Crackers or bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, salmon, cheddar cheese and pickle relish. Serve with crackers or bread. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Salmon Cheese Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p9
Reviews for Salmon Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
"It is good, but I prefer to use smoked salmon. It gives the spread a richer, more full-bodied flavor."