Salmon Canapes Recipe
This appealing appetizer, with its delicate smoked salmon taste and dash of holiday color, is simply irresistible!
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions with tops
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Snack rye bread, toast or crackers
- Fresh dill or parsley sprigs and/or sliced pimientos
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Liquid Smoke if desired. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, place cucumber slices on bread or crackers and top with salmon mixture. Garnish with dill, parsley and/or pimientos. Yield: 1 cup spread.
1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Canapes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC