Salmon Cakes with Lemon-Herb Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- SALMON CAKES:
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, thyme, salt and lemon-pepper. Cover and refrigerate. For salmon cakes, in a bowl, combine the salmon, mayonnaise, green onion, red pepper, bread crumbs, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne. Shape into four balls; roll in cornmeal. Flatten balls into 3-in. patties.
- 2. In a skillet, cook patties for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Serve with lemon-pepper sauce mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 726 calories, 66 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,183 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.