Salmon Cakes Recipe
"SINCE pinto beans and mashed potatoes were our usual daily fare, salmon was a special treat on Sundays. We ate these cakes fast as Mama could fry themshe couldn't get them off the griddle fast enough."
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cream, cornmeal, green onions, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt if desired. Flake salmon into bowl; blend gently.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drop salmon mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into butter. Fry in batches for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3-4 servings (six patties).
Originally published as Salmon Cakes in Reminisce Extra October 1994, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Cakes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review