Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cream, cornmeal, green onions, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt if desired. Flake salmon into bowl; blend gently.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drop salmon mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into butter. Fry in batches for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3-4 servings (six patties).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Cakes(4)
Sort By :
These salmon cakes were wonderful! I, like another reviewer added a little mustard. I have always used crushed crackers, but the cornmeal and the whipping cream was a nice change and I will always make them this way from now on. I think flaking the salmon and just gently folding it in last and then scooping them up with a measuring cup makes them much looser and moister than shaping them in my hands. I have also always left the bones in when using canned salmon, they are soft and add a nice bit of crunch.
I have made these several times....only change I made was to add some mustard. Family loves these salmon cakes. Very good and easy and quick to make.
this is the best salmon cake receipt I have tried. I would recommend this to anyone
best salmon cake receipe I have ever had, would recommend to anyone