- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cream, cornmeal, green onions, flour, baking powder, pepper and salt if desired. Flake salmon into bowl; blend gently.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Drop salmon mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into butter. Fry in batches for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3-4 servings (six patties).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Cakes
"I really liked the way these salmon patties came out, but even though I used the mustard and some old bay seasoning, they were kind of bland. I will add more seasoning the next time. Great base recipe though!"
"Cleaning out my pantry I found a can of salmon I needed to use. I found this recipe, read the reviews and based on what I read I decided to try it. I did add a bit of mustard as some cooks suggested. They were delicious! Very fast and tasty. I had dinner on the table in no time flat."
"I tried this recipe and really like it. The salmon cakes are tender and fluffy. It's the "go to" recipe for salmon cakes now!"
"These salmon cakes were wonderful! I, like another reviewer added a little mustard. I have always used crushed crackers, but the cornmeal and the whipping cream was a nice change and I will always make them this way from now on. I think flaking the salmon and just gently folding it in last and then scooping them up with a measuring cup makes them much looser and moister than shaping them in my hands. I have also always left the bones in when using canned salmon, they are soft and add a nice bit of crunch."
"this is the best salmon cake receipt I have tried. I would recommend this to anyone"
"best salmon cake receipe I have ever had, would recommend to anyone"