- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Place the first eight ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, gently toss avocados with lime juice; add to
- cabbage mixture. Refrigerate until serving. In a small bowl, mix
- honey mustard ingredients.
- For burgers, place a fourth of the salmon in a food processor. Add
- lime peel and mustard; process until smooth. Transfer to a large
- Place remaining salmon in food processor; pulse until coarsely
- chopped and add to puree. Fold in shallot, cilantro, soy sauce,
- honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°.
- Serve on buns with honey mustard; top each with 1/2 cup slaw. Serve
- remaining slaw on the side. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger with 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture and 1-3/4 cups slaw equals 534 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.