"These burgers are quick and easy to make and are a regular summer main dish at our house. Horseradish adds a tasty zip to convenient canned salmon. Even if you don't think you like salmon, you'll be hooked." —Melanie Dunn, Wilmore, Kansas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add salmon and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Salmon Burgers in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p5/09
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Salmon Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review