Salmon Broccoli Bake
"A good friend gave me this quick-and-easy recipe that uses canned salmon, wild rice and frozen broccoli," writes Brigitte Schaller of Flemington, Missouri. "I often serve this casserole with a wilted spinach salad for a complete meal."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from
- the heat; stir in rice and salmon. Combine egg and mayonnaise; add
- to the salmon mixture.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the
- Parmesan cheese and broccoli. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Top with the remaining salmon mixture, Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 616 calories, 45 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium,