Salmon Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in rice and salmon. Combine egg and mayonnaise; stir into the salmon mixture.
- 2. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the Parmesan cheese and broccoli. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining salmon mixture, Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 616 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Salmon Broccoli Bake
"Quick and yummy."
"Just the BEST!! My husband and I LOVED this. Plan to try it with another type of fish tonight :)"
"Added a little salt and pepper. was a little bland for my household. Broccoli also all needs to be in the first layer. overcooks on top."
"We enjoyed this dish, I used raw broccoli and cooked it before assembling dish. Would also suggest the broccoli be put in the centre, I found it got too done putting it on the top."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.