Salmon Bisque Recipe
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Broil red pepper 4 in. from the heat until skin blisters, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate pepper a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place pepper in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Set roasted pepper aside.
- 2. Broil salmon 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Break salmon into small pieces; set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute carrot and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Transfer to a blender; add roasted pepper. Cover and puree until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in the milk, seafood seasoning, Liquid Smoke if desired and salmon; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 239 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Salmon Bisque
"I had to change this up a bit, to use items I had on hand. I didn't have red pepper or the shallot, so I substituted white onion and a half cup of chopped celery instead. It turned out great! A nice, hearty bisque that fills and satisfies. Very easy to prepare and tastes like it came from a fine restaurant. I finished it off with a drizzle of olive oil. Definitely on the "do it again" list!"
"What a wonderful way to sneak in vegetable servings with your fish! This is a quick recipe that tastes like you spent hours at the stove!"