Salmon Bean Wraps
Here’s a healthy wrap low in saturated fat and full of the wonderful nutrients in
avocado, black beans and smoked salmon. It’s super easy and great for a quick lunch. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 ounces flaked smoked salmon fillets
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, mash avocado. Stir in the beans, tomato, cilantro,
- sour cream, red onion, lemon juice and pepper. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 3/4 cup over each tortilla. Top with salmon and lettuce; roll
- up and secure with toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 315 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.