Here’s a healthy wrap low in saturated fat and full of the wonderful nutrients in avocado, black beans and smoked salmon. It’s super easy and great for a quick lunch. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
Recommended: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 ounces flaked smoked salmon fillets
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, mash avocado. Stir in the beans, tomato, cilantro, sour cream, red onion, lemon juice and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 3/4 cup over each tortilla. Top with salmon and lettuce; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Bean Wraps in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p56
Reviews for Salmon Bean Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"We liked this okay but given all the awesome ingredients I expected something more. I added some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to the bean mixture, but the end result was still a little bland."