Here’s a healthy wrap low in saturated fat and full of the wonderful nutrients in avocado, black beans and smoked salmon. It’s super easy and great for a quick lunch. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 ounces flaked smoked salmon fillets
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, mash avocado. Stir in the beans, tomato, cilantro, sour cream, red onion, lemon juice and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 3/4 cup over each tortilla. Top with salmon and lettuce; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Bean Wraps in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p56
Reviews for Salmon Bean Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"We liked this okay but given all the awesome ingredients I expected something more. I added some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to the bean mixture, but the end result was still a little bland."