Salmon Asparagus Tart Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, flour, eggs, cream, dill, basil and pepper until blended. Fold in the salmon, asparagus, onion mixture and Swiss cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 557 calories, 44 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.