As a cook for a commercial salmon fishing crew, I found this recipe to be a wonderful variation in the use of salmon. It's terrific as an addition to a festive Mexican meal or as a delicate prelude to a steak dinner.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) salmon or 2 cups cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons mild or medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Drain salmon; remove any bones. In a small bowl, combine salmon,
- cream cheese, salsa, parsley and cilantro. Add cumin if desired.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the salmon mixture over each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrap individual with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Slice each tortilla into bite-size
- pieces. Yield: about 48 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 165 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.