Salmon and Shrimp with Garlic Rice Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese, salt, mustard, dill and cayenne; stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in shrimp.
- 2. Pat salmon dry; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour shrimp mixture over salmon. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve with the salmon and shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 699 calories, 42 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.