Salmon and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon, drained, boned and flaked
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, celery, chicken broth, garlic, salt and marjoram. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the cream, milk and butter. Combine flour and corn; stir into soup. Heat, but do not boil, until slightly thickened. Gently stir in salmon and heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 340 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Salmon and Corn Chowder
"I have been making this chowder for 20 years now and it is the Best ever. You can also change out the fish in the chowder if you don't like salmon."
"This is a wonderful recipe. I have made this a number of times and my family loves it."