- 4 cups water
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved widthwise
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg substitute, onion, tarragon, salt and pepper; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short side toward the bottom; spray with cooking spray. Repeat with one more sheet of phyllo. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying.
- Spread 2 rounded tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over the bottom third of the rectangle to about the size of a salmon fillet. Top with six asparagus halves and one salmon fillet. Fold sides and bottom edge over fillet and roll up enclose salmon; trim end of phyllo if necessary. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon and Asparagus in Phyllo in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon and Asparagus in Phyllo(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2011
Easy and elegant dish that was delicious! My kids and husband really enjoyed this, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >