Salmon & Slaw Sliders Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, fennel and onion. Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning blend; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- 2. Spritz salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread with remaining mayonnaise; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup coleslaw. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.