“This recipe first came about using leftover salmon and slaw. Now we plan to make it all the time. It’s a nice alternative to burgers and always well-received at parties. The salmon can also be broiled.” Edrie O’Brien - Denver, Colorado
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, divided
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 2 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, fennel and onion. Combine 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, yogurt and 1/8 teaspoon seasoning blend; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Spritz salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Spread with remaining mayonnaise; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup coleslaw. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon & Slaw Sliders for Two in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Salmon & Slaw Sliders for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review