Salmon & Slaw Sliders Recipe
“This recipe first came about using leftover salmon and slaw. Now we plan to make it all the time. It’s a nice alternative to burgers and always well-received at parties. The salmon can also be broiled.” Edrie O’Brien - Denver, Colorado
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, fennel and onion. Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning blend; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Spritz salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread with remaining mayonnaise; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup coleslaw. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon & Slaw Sliders in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon & Slaw Sliders(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >