Everyone enjoys these elegant-looking appetizers. You can assemble them several hours ahead and refrigerate until guests arrive.
- 12 small red potatoes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, dill, lemon peel, capers, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes; cut in half. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato half to level if necessary.
- Dollop cheese mixture onto potatoes, 2 teaspoons on each. Top with salmon. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Salmon & Cream Cheese Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p40
Reviews for Salmon & Cream Cheese Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review