Sally's West Coast Chili Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder, optional
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Brown beef in drippings. Add onions; cook until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return bacon to pan. Stir in the next 12 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 3 hours.
- Add beans and heat through. Discard bay leaf. Garnish with cheddar cheese. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Sally's West Coast Chili
Sort By :
"If you like barbecue, this is the chili for you! I will be making this again.I made this for a chili cook-off at work. It didn't win with the judge because it "didn't taste like traditional chili", but it was a crowd favorite. Lots of coworkers asked for the recipe.I don't own a Dutch oven, so I made it in a 5.5 qt saute pan and it worked great."