Sally's Potato Salad Recipe
Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and red pepper give traditional potato salad a new twist. It's a fresh-tasting salad that makes a nice addition to all your meals.—Sally Burek, Fentonk, Michigan
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans, blanched
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the celery, broccoli, beans, cauliflower, red pepper and Italian dressing. Drain potatoes and add to the vegetable mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing mix and pepper; pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 74 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sally's Potato Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC