- Meanwhile, for frosting, combine sugar, water and vinegar in a heavy
- saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook over
- medium-high heat until a candy thermometer reads 234°-240°
- (soft-ball stage), about 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir
- in marshmallows until smooth.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually beat in sugar
- mixture; beat on high for 7-8 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the cookies. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One cookie equals 79 calories, 63 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 19 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.