- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, rice, salt, pepper and egg white. Crumble beef over mixture and mix gently. Shape into two 4-1/2-in. x 2-in. oval patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Return patties to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender and meat is no longer pink.
- Remove patties; keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steaks
Sort By :
"this is the easy one that I like and make,thanks"
"This one is a keeper we will be having this often I doubled everything except the Worcestershire sauce and I added a can of steak and mushroom sauce. thanks for sharing Carmen."
"This is an instant family favorite; just made it last night and can't wait to have it again. Easy, quick, delicious, and looks as good as pictured. I did use more mushrooms & beef broth. Served it with buttered noodles and a nice fresh broccoli salad."
"Very good. I didn't make the rice, only the steaks, and it was exactly how a salisbury steak should taste. I had tried another variation that used ketchup and mustard powder, I ended up throwing that one out and making this one instead, and I'm so glad I did."
"I substituted rolled oats for the rice and added a bit of garlic and oregano for more flavor. I also did not have any mushrooms on hand, but my husband and I both thought that it would be much better with the mushrooms and next time I make it I will make sure to include them. Overall-an easy and tasty dish."