Salisbury Steaks With Gravy Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown patties on each side.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 206 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Salisbury Steaks With Gravy
"Delicious and easy to make. Next time I'll double the gravy. Great recipe for empty nesters!"
"Delicious! I doubled the gravy so I would have plenty for the steaks and potatoes!"
"Great taste!! Just wished the recipe would have served more gravy. There wasn't nearly enough for the meal (personal preference).... but I can fix that myself next time."
"I fixed this tonight & it was absolutely awesome...others went back for seconds as I did enough to make 10 servings....lol This recipe is for sure a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing with us :) Joanna Harrington from Carthage, Missouri"
"my husband and I really liked this recipe. I did add onion to pan, as well as 1/4 cup bread crumbs & l egg to meat before forming patties. I used the whole packet of gravy mix, which is twice what is called for. Sukie"
"It was really good but the ground beef needed a little more seasoning. I added sauteed onions to the gravy mixture. It was outstanding."
"This was really tasty, although, I did not follow the gravy step as it read. I made two packs of gravy mix in a sauce pan and added canned mushrooms to that. When the burgers were browned, I poured the gravy over the meat and cooked as the directions stated. The extra gravy went over the mashed potatoes. I used Idahoan instant potatoes, just add water! Also, because we eat lean buffalo (or any lean meat) I added one egg and 1/4 cup panko, shaped my patty's and let them sit in the fridge for awhile before browning. This would be a great do ahead step the night before."
"This is YUM! Soooooo quick and easy. I usually use two packets of gravy mix and one cup of water for extra gravy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!"
"Delish, & so quick & easy. Thinking about adding fresh mushrooms & onions the next time."
"Good, easy & quick to make"