Salisbury Steaks With Gravy
Worcestershire sauce dresses up these moist and easy hamburger steaks for two. “Creamy mashed potatoes are the perfect side to this savory home-style dish,” suggests Nita Fields from Edgar Springs, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two
- patties. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- brown patties on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water until smooth. Pour over
- patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 875 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.