Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gravy mix and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties, about 3/4 in. thick. Place in a small baking pan.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 3. Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in water and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with patties. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1/4 cup gravy equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 978 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.