“Sometimes I forget about this favorite recipe, so my husband will say, ’How about Salisbury Steak for dinner?’ He really likes it,” relates Toni Martin of Byron Center, Michigan.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gravy mix and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties, about 3/4 in. thick. Place in a small baking pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in water and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with patties. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salisbury Steak in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p56
Reviews for Salisbury Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review