Salisbury Steak with Portobello Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons port wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into two oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the wine, shallots and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Toss the mushrooms with flour; add to saucepan. Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain patties; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 patty with 1/3 cup sauce equals 313 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Portobello Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.