Salisbury Steak with Portobello Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons port wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into two oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the wine, shallots and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Toss the mushrooms with flour; add to saucepan. Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain patties; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 313 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Portobello Sauce
"Delicious and oh, so easy!"
"Back again. Made the sauce for au jus for prime rib. We cut back on the worchestshire. It was a little sweet. We think maybe it's the balsamic vinegar now. So I added a little course ground pepper and garlic powder. I quadrupled the recipe except for the beef broth, I used a 32oz Swanson box. It was still good, but something to play with. We will definitly be making again."
"I made this recipe not long after I had surgery. It was very easy to make. My husband loved it. I used the beef broth instead of wine for the sauce. We really liked the sauce but think there was a little too much Worcheshire in it, which could have been my fault. We also think the sauce would make a good au jus and are going to try it on prime rib during the holidays. May have to thin the sauce a little for that, but will let you all know how it turns out. Overall, great recipe and is now a regular on our menu."