- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until
- soft. Stir in flour and pepper; blend well. Add mushrooms and
- bouillon. Add reserved mushroom liquid and enough water to make
- 1-1/4 cups; stir and cook until thickened. Stir in browning sauce.
- Keep warm while preparing the Salisbury steaks.
- In a skillet, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter
- over low heat. Remove from heat and add to remaining ingredients;
- mix well. Shape into six patties, about 3/4-in. thick.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil about 7 minutes; turn and broil about
- 5 minutes longer or until cooked through. Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 335 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.