- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled browning sauce
- SALISBURY STEAKS MIXTURE:
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup minced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or green onion tops
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until soft. Stir in flour and pepper; blend well. Add mushrooms and bouillon. Add reserved mushroom liquid and enough water to make 1-1/4 cups; stir and cook until thickened. Stir in browning sauce. Keep warm while preparing the Salisbury steaks.
- In a skillet, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add to remaining ingredients; mix well. Shape into six patties, about 3/4-in. thick.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil about 7 minutes; turn and broil about 5 minutes longer or until cooked through. Serve with Mushroom Sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
"Mary Beth,We Agree with You and Your Family.A quick,easy Main Entree that we can add Vegetables to and a Starch.Bland?They Must Be Kidding!You have a truly Yum Flavour running through this Lovely Dish.Maybe add Garlic bread sticks?Delicious!Thank You,in VA."
"Not much flavor. Added red wine to sauce to sauce to give it taste. Would not do again."
"Horrible flavor, barely had any at all."