Salisbury Steak with Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 14 fat-free saltines, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, saltines, onion and parsley. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the gravy, ketchup, Worcestershire and pepper; pour over patties. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Gravy
Sort By :
make all the time easy and delish
This was easy and good. I did not have dried minced onion, so I finely chopped some fresh and added fresh garlic. I would add salt to the meat next time. I made my own gravy. Even my two grandsons liked it.
Oops! I forgot to rate the recipe with stars.
Before choosing this recipe, I did some search, and I liked that I could prepare the salisbury steaks in the oven, rather than brown them in a skillet ontop the stove. I did find the patties needed a bit more seasoning to make them more flavorable, so I'm glad I read all the reviews before making them. I didn't use fat-free milk, I used whole milk, and I didn't use fat-free saltines, but opt for the regular salted saltine crakers. Instead of adding 2 tablespoons of dried minced onion, I just added 1 tablespoon, plus I added 2 large cloves of garlic (minced), as well as, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, plus an 1/8 teaspoon of dried oregano, and I only added 1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes. I only added an 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper to the gravy, since I already added the 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to the beef mixture. The jarred gravy I used was Heinz, as that is the only jarred gravy I ever buy. I ended up making 5-(5 ounce) patties, and baked them for 50 minutes in the oven. We did salt our patties just abit at the table, as they needed a bit more seasoning. If made as written, I probably wouldn't give this recipe 5 stars, but with a few extra added ingredients, and that I used the Heinz Gravy, I decided to give this recipe 5 stars. I'm also looking forward to making these salisbury steaks again. Thank you Danelle for sharing this recipe.
Stumbled upon this recipe a couple years ago and it was an instant hit with family and friends. Instead of using 2 tbsp of minced onion, I started putting 1 tbsp minced garlic and 1 tbsp dried minced onion. It comes out soo delicious...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >