- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in the pan. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with gemelli. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salisbury Steak with Gemelli in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p8
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Gemelli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"It's just too bland for my taste."
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2007
"I made this for my family a few weeks ago desperately looking for something new with beef. The dinner got rave reviews from my family and they have asked me to make it again."