- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in the pan. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with gemelli. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Gemelli
Sort By :
"It's just too bland for my taste."
"I made this for my family a few weeks ago desperately looking for something new with beef. The dinner got rave reviews from my family and they have asked me to make it again."