- 4 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a large bowl; stir in parsley and onion. Shape into four patties; coat with flour. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; keep warm.
- In the drippings, brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add gravy and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salisbury Steak with Bacon in Ground Beef Recipes 2012 2012, p137
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2014
I used parts of this and another recipe to make the Salisbury steak, but the addition of the bacon to my homemade gravy was very good.