Salisbury Steak for Two Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread and onion; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both sides in oil if desired; drain. Combine the soup, water, mushrooms and pepper; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 306 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak for Two
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.