Salisbury Steak for Two
"These tender beef patties with golden gravy are quick to prepare, but they taste like old-fashioned comfort food," says field editor Sharon Manus of Smyrna, Tennessee.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread and onion; crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown patties on both
- sides in oil if desired; drain. Combine the soup, water, mushrooms
- and pepper; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 306 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold