- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak Deluxe
Sort By :
"This recipe hit the "homestyle" meal spot! We used ground bison instead and it was a little crumbly (probably due to the leaner meat). The gravy was delicious. We also served with some fresh mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. The perfect country-style meal!"
"My Family loves this recipe. It does crumble a lot, but I have been trying to fix that. I've made it exactly as is and think the horseradish adds additional flavor."
"I will definitely make this again. I made a couple of minor changes, but basically followed the recipe. I used cream of onion soup since I don't like mushrooms. I didn't have any horseradish, but I think it would have upped the flavor so I will use it next time. I also forgot the parsley. I don't think that affected the flavor but it would have made it more attractive. The sauce was very good. I like the idea of adding sauted onions, too. I would definitely make more sauce if serving with mashed potatoes. Some of my patties broke a little, but they mostly held together. Maybe the thickness of the patties makes a difference."
"This is an excellent recipe. I sauteed sliced onions before adding the patties to brown. If you're in a hurry, cook cubed steak patties and onions in the soup mixture."
"Gonna dub it 'Crumbled Salisbury Steak". Gravy is good. No stars to click on."