Salisbury Steak Deluxe Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak Deluxe(15)
Sort By :
Gonna dub it 'Crumbled Salisbury Steak". Gravy is good. No stars to click on.
I have been making this one for years. Hannah May loves it.
Loved this recipe! I am not a fan of horseradish so I left it out. It was excellent! Thanks!
Made this for years with your German Potato Salad. My family loves it!
The first word out of my husband's mouth was "keeper". I doubled the sauce and served it with mashed potatoes. It made a good gravy. I didn't have any trouble with the patties breaking. A couple of them cracked but held together. Will be making this again.