Salisbury Steak Deluxe Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil; drain. Combine remaining soup mixture with water; pour over patties. Cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove patties to a serving platter; serve sauce with meat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak Deluxe
Sort By :
"My Family loves this recipe. It does crumble a lot, but I have been trying to fix that. I've made it exactly as is and think the horseradish adds additional flavor."
"I will definitely make this again. I made a couple of minor changes, but basically followed the recipe. I used cream of onion soup since I don't like mushrooms. I didn't have any horseradish, but I think it would have upped the flavor so I will use it next time. I also forgot the parsley. I don't think that affected the flavor but it would have made it more attractive. The sauce was very good. I like the idea of adding sauted onions, too. I would definitely make more sauce if serving with mashed potatoes. Some of my patties broke a little, but they mostly held together. Maybe the thickness of the patties makes a difference."
"This is an excellent recipe. I sauteed sliced onions before adding the patties to brown. If you're in a hurry, cook cubed steak patties and onions in the soup mixture."
"Gonna dub it 'Crumbled Salisbury Steak". Gravy is good. No stars to click on."
"I have been making this one for years. Hannah May loves it."