Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add the bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon gravy mix and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties, about 3/4 in. thick. Place in a small baking pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in water and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with patties. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Salisbury Steak(5)
Sort By :
What a wonderful yet simple recipe! We love it!
My Mom used to make this when I was a kid and I loved it. Of course, mine never tasted like hers. I tried this recipe tonight, but doubled everything since I had a pound of ground beef and a very hungry little boy. It was awesome! This is going to be my go-to recipe for Salisbury Steak from now on!
I started making this recipe several years ago and have shared it with multiple friends and family. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
Very good. Family likes it and it's fast and easy.
I first made this recipe over a year ago. I make this about every two weeks. Delicious and very easy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Gravy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >