Salami Scrambled Eggs
For a taste twist on traditional ham and eggs, Carol Towey substitutes hard salami and shredded Swiss cheese for this buttery breakfast dish she serves in Pasadena, California.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup diced hard salami
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a small
- bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add salami and cheese; pour into skillet.
- Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter, turkey salami and reduced-fat cheese) equals 246 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 360 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.