Salami Reuben Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices (3/4 ounce each) Swiss or Havarti cheese
- 3 thin slices (1/2 ounce each) hard salami
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice on a griddle, buttered side down. Spread with salad dressing; top with one slice of cheese, two slices of salami, sauerkraut and remaining salami and cheese.
- 2. Top with second slice of bread, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 1 serving.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter, fat-free dressing and turkey salami) equals 437 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,444 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.