Come in from the cold and whip up our Test Kitchen’s yummy twist on the classic Reuben in mere minutes. It’s fun, filling and couldn’t be easier!
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 slices (3/4 ounce each) Swiss or Havarti cheese
- 3 thin slices (1/2 ounce each) hard salami
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice on a griddle, buttered side down. Spread with salad dressing; top with one slice of cheese, two slices of salami, sauerkraut and remaining salami and cheese.
- Top with second slice of bread, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Salami Reuben in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p43
Reviews for Salami Reuben
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review