Salami Pork Sub Recipe
"Our family used to drive 22 miles to enjoy these sandwiches at a restaurant," recalls Shirley Nordblum, Youngsville, Pennsylvania. "After the place was torn down to make room for a highway, I was able to get the recipe. Now I fix them at home all the time."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 12 slices salami
- 16 slices cooked pork (1/8 inch thick)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 24 thin dill pickle slices
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise. On the bottom half, layer with salami, pork, cheese, pickles and lettuce. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over cut side of top half of loaf. Replace bread top. Cut into fourths. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC