- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup cubed hard salami
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, quartered
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the green pepper, tomatoes, pepperoni, salami, olives, cheese and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Salami Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"Can I substitute a bottled Italian dressing instead of making my own.?"
"This pasta salad is delicious! I get compliments every time I make it."
"I've never reviewed a recipe because I have to create an account, which was too much hassle. This recipe, however, deserves the hassle. This is one of my "hall of fame" recipes. I panfry the salami to render some of the fat, which also intensifies the salami flavor and makes it crispy and chewy. Just put the diced salami in a dry frying pan and cook on medium-low for about 15 minutes while you dice the other ingredients. Make the dressing before everything else because the sugar and salt need time to dissolve. Finally, I love this recipe because I can use up an entire package of most of the ingredients (I buy them from Trader Joe): one bag of pasta (the shells stick together in stacks, so I use other shapes of small pasta), one stick of salami, one package of green bell pepper, one small onion, one jar of olives, one pack of provolone. I don't have to store a half pack of this or quarter jar of that in my fridge afterwards, and try to remember to use t hem up later. I double the dressing recipe, and have enough pasta salad for days. It makes a good lunch to take to work or school.l"
"Have made a salad like this for years. A little Parmesan & cubed mozzarella cheese gives it a little creaminess. So good on a hot day, can be made well in advance placing the pasta in just before serving."
"Loved this! To me, it has all the essential components of a good pasta salad, although I did use cheddar rather than provolone. Will definitely make it again!"