If you like salami, you'll love this rich and creamy bake from Diana Duda. "I usually make several of them at the same time- one to eat right away and two or three to freeze for later," she pens from Glenwood, Illinois.
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile,in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; whisk in soup, sour cream and milk until blended.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, salami and cheeses to the soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Salami Noodle Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p15
Reviews for Salami Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review